Author Topic: Using MaKey MaKey with weaving: MaKey a WeAVE  (Read 12417 times)

jesuxp

• MaKey MaKer
    • View Profile
Using MaKey MaKey with weaving: MaKey a WeAVE
« on: June 26, 2013, 07:37:10 PM »
Hello,

Thanks a lot for honoring me and the people that helped me in La Palma, Canary Islands, for this project that combines weaving techniques and MakeyMakey.

I've attached a more easy to follow document.

We believe our project attached below is now easier to understand.

Hope you have fun reading our how to (and using it!)
« Last Edit: November 01, 2013, 06:00:28 AM by jesuxp »

jesuxp

• MaKey MaKer
    • View Profile
Re: Using MaKey MaKey with weaving: MaKey a WeAVE
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2013, 12:57:37 PM »
... By the way,
the fabric we developed for our yearly exhibition didn't need the "earth" (see last page of our project, and attached video). We played only with fingers, without being "grounded".
Perhaps somebody can explain it. We aren't "professionals"
Thanks!

techkim

• MaKey MaKer
    • View Profile
    • TechKim
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2013, 08:54:30 PM »
This is very cool - love the creativity & visual of the weave. Think I'm going to try this with my CoderDojo Girls: The Maker Party in a couple of weeks. Thanks!

jesuxp

• MaKey MaKer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2013, 09:36:46 AM »
Thanks a lot, it's nice to meet people interested on weaving & using MaKey MaKey. I'm sure you will develope more creativity with this idea. Please let me know your results!! Thanks

James B

• Global Moderator
  • MaKey MaKer
  • "best played LANs of gamer dens, gang aft MaKey!"
    • View Profile
    • Knox Makers
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2013, 12:42:03 PM »
This is outstanding and fun! Very well done!
-=-=-
"All life is an experiment, the more experiments you MaKey MaKey the better." - Ralph Waldo Emerson
-=-=-

James B

• Global Moderator
  • MaKey MaKer
  • "best played LANs of gamer dens, gang aft MaKey!"
    • View Profile
    • Knox Makers
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2013, 11:16:37 PM »
I'm really glad this made the list of contest winners. Congrats to you and your kids!
-=-=-
"All life is an experiment, the more experiments you MaKey MaKey the better." - Ralph Waldo Emerson
-=-=-

eric

• Administrator
  • MaKey MaKer
  • I'm Eric, one of the inventors of MaKey MaKey!
    • View Profile
    • my homepage
« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2013, 10:19:39 PM »
Hi- would you mind uploading this video to youtube (or another video that represents the project)? Or we could upload it for you if you want. We're currently building the web site for sharing the activity guides people made, and it would be great if we could embed this video in the page.

For your question about not needing to be connected to earth: this seems to happen in a variety of different situations. it's a bit hard to explain exactly why it occurs, except to say that electrical charge is moving around, and the MaKey MaKey is very sensitive. also, sometimes you can be grounded in some other way without knowing it, like through your feet. or, this is just weird speculation here, when your creation is combined with your body it may act as an antenna picking up the ambient electromagnetic noise, which creates enough of a signal for the MaKey MaKey to detect...   

... By the way,
the fabric we developed for our yearly exhibition didn't need the "earth" (see last page of our project, and attached video). We played only with fingers, without being "grounded".
Perhaps somebody can explain it. We aren't "professionals"
Thanks!