Author Topic: my maKey maKey thingies  (Read 2586 times)

kellysnook

• MaKey MaKer
    • View Profile
my maKey maKey thingies
« on: July 15, 2012, 03:16:48 PM »
hi everyone -

i'm kelly. i got my maKey maKey kit yesterday and i've decided to try and make something small with it at least every week and post my videos here.

if any of you are in London, you might know that it's rained continuously here for, like...months. so i made a musical instruments out of flowers and an umbrella and used it to play (a bad version of) singin' in the rain. <3

Singin in the Rain with Flowers! on Vimeo

then i used the same set-up (triggering midi clips in ableton live using the same musical scale) to play happy birthday to my sister.  :)

kellysnook

• MaKey MaKer
    • View Profile
acoustic grand piano looper
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2012, 07:34:01 PM »
on my second day with maKey maKey, i modified my grand piano so i could easily loop it. Using one maKey maKey, one channel of microphone input (Neumann TLM 103), a laptop running one audio channel into Ableton live, and the output via laptop headphone out to a vibroy vibration speaker stuck directly onto the piano soundboard, the artist never has to touch a computer or midi controller. The maKey maKey sees a touch anywhere along the copper touch strip (below the keyboard) as a click on the multipurpose looper button, allowing the artist to start, play, overdub, stop, and/or clear the loops without ever taking hands away from the keys.  the maKey maKey circuit is completed by a bare left foot on a copper plate on the floor. up to 12 additional functions inside ableton can be can be mapped to other copper plates on top of the piano, if desired.  Improvisational looping is demonstrated here by Caeli Lohr.

wen-chi

• MaKey MaKer
    • View Profile
Re: my maKey maKey thingies
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2012, 10:03:53 PM »
i love the piano :)
so cool
nice loop!!!