Author Topic: Set up a general tech/DIY/programming board for the forum  (Read 4375 times)

samwine

• MaKey MaKer
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
Set up a general tech/DIY/programming board for the forum
« on: April 01, 2013, 03:34:34 PM »
Would it be possible to add a board where we can share our latest projects, ideas, and more, not necessarily having to be related to MakeyMakey? Of course, the discussion should stay within the range of technology, programming, electrical engineering, and DIY projects.

For example, I haven't found an appropriate place on the forum to discuss the Leap Motion Controller, a device I have that could really make for some interesting projects if used together with the MakeyMakey. Another example: I know an "Arduino-mode MakeyMakey" board has already been suggested, but what if we broaden the scope? Since using the MakeyMakey like an Arduino requires knowledge of how to program an Arduino in C++ and C, a board dedicated to learning just the languages might come in handy.

Thoughts? Would this cause the forum to stray away from its original purpose? Or could it increase the activity of users and potentially attract some new members? :)

sparks

• Administrator
  • MaKey MaKer
    • View Profile
Re: Set up a general tech/DIY/programming board for the forum
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2013, 01:21:57 PM »
That's certainly an interesting idea, I'll bring it up with the rest of the MaKey MaKey team and get back to you! Off-Topic forum boards allow for an increase of creativity on a forum such as this one but they also increase moderation time so we'll see!