Author Topic: Public demonstration during an Ignite Show  (Read 5612 times)

Florent de lu

• MaKey MaKer
    • View Profile
Public demonstration during an Ignite Show
« on: September 10, 2013, 08:38:13 AM »
Hi all!

I'll be part on an Ignite Show in France and I would like to present the Makey Makey to the public (about 150 people who will be seated). Do you have ideas about a nice demonstration which would implicate our public ?

Many thanks :D :D

Florent.

sparks

• Administrator
  • MaKey MaKer
    • View Profile
Re: Public demonstration during an Ignite Show
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2013, 05:01:59 AM »
Oh there are so many things to do with the MaKey MaKey! You could go through some of the other topics in the Ideas and the Show and Tell forum sections for inspiration though!

Florent de lu

• MaKey MaKer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2013, 10:15:06 AM »
Hello,

Thanks a lot for your answer. I'll take a look on other topics and I'll keep informed the community. We have a hackerspace in my work place, I'll let them have fun :D

Florent de lu

• MaKey MaKer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2014, 08:49:50 AM »
Hi !

I come back in order to give news about my presentation :) my goal during this Ignite Show was to present crowdfunding as one of the numeric tools in the service of a new industrial era : the makers one.

The online communities which call more and more into question the hyper-consumption system, I decided to take the example of Coca Cola. I recorded a quotation of Karl Marx on iTunes « power belongs to those that control the means of production » and the idea was to trigger the reading of this quotation by taking the can. The effect was amazing, a striking voice guesting us to stop being simple consumers : become shaper industry owners of the 21th century and invent consumption trends which mean good for us.

But…It flunked ! :) The Ignite format is particularly restrictive, I wasn’t able to proceed to this demonstration. I spoke a lot about the Makey Makey which has set off many curiosities. So I had the opportunity to make the demonstration later. We had a stand and it was really cool !

You can find the video on youtube :
Ignite Show - Le Crowdfunding

I wish you a happy new year !

Bye,
   FDL

James B

• Global Moderator
  • MaKey MaKer
  • "best played LANs of gamer dens, gang aft MaKey!"
    • View Profile
    • Knox Makers
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2014, 12:35:03 PM »
Very cool!

Is there an English translation or English transcript available?

Happy New Year to you, too!

Bonne année et bonne santé!
-=-=-
"All life is an experiment, the more experiments you MaKey MaKey the better." - Ralph Waldo Emerson
-=-=-

Grotrant

• MaKey MaKer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2016, 10:20:45 PM »

Hi all!

I'll be part on an Ignite Show in France and I would like to present the Makey Makey to the public (about 150 people who will be seated). Do you have ideas about a nice demonstration which would implicate our public ?

Many thanks :D :D

Florent.

those are some great ideas and I love the idea on presenting Makey Makey to public!