Author Topic: Set up a new "Arduino programming the Makey board" forum  (Read 6301 times)

Decafdrinker

• MaKey MaKer
    • View Profile
Set up a new "Arduino programming the Makey board" forum
« on: January 02, 2013, 06:32:24 AM »
Just a thought but
1. Many of us want to use the MM board as an arduino
2. The current forums of questions, etc. are becoming a bit of a mix up between people asking about the basic input /operation of the MM board as a "keyboard replacement device" and people trying to reprogram the sketch completely

Could the mods add a Makey Makey forum called "Arduino programming the Makey"?
We could discuss all the input, output, LEDs, analog ins and outs, how this differs from a "true" Leonardo, etc.

James B

• Global Moderator
  • MaKey MaKer
  • "best played LANs of gamer dens, gang aft MaKey!"
    • View Profile
    • Knox Makers
Re: Set up a new "Arduino programming the Makey board" forum
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2013, 11:45:52 AM »
I like this idea. As a new user, it seems like it would fill out the board a little better. I'd definitely know where to go for Arduino conversations.
-=-=-
"All life is an experiment, the more experiments you MaKey MaKey the better." - Ralph Waldo Emerson
-=-=-

sparks

• Administrator
  • MaKey MaKer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2013, 03:53:20 PM »
I've been thinking this more and more recently. I would certainly be tempted to add a new "Advanced Topics" section for discussion. It would also be a good place to have some stickied topics with tutorials explaining how to edit the board in commonly sought after ways such as mapping different key presses to the ones provided.

Does "Advanced Topics" sound like a good name? And do people think it would be worth adding this section?

samwine

• MaKey MaKer
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2013, 07:03:58 AM »
I've been thinking this more and more recently. I would certainly be tempted to add a new "Advanced Topics" section for discussion. It would also be a good place to have some stickied topics with tutorials explaining how to edit the board in commonly sought after ways such as mapping different key presses to the ones provided.

Does "Advanced Topics" sound like a good name? And do people think it would be worth adding this section?

I'd definitely visit and post there if it were made. I say go for it. :)